What is Bitcoin?
Paying with Bitcoin allows for an easy, secure and private way for you to send us a payment, without any middle men or banks. Bitcoin is an internet currency that uses secure lines of code to ensure that they cannot be manipulated in the way banks manipulate hard currency. It has led to a free and decentralized currency available to anyone and everyone worldwide with internet access.
There are many advantages of using Bitcoin over traditional payment methods. For instance, using Bitcoin makes it easier and safer to send money across the net, as there are no third-parties that incur their own costs.
Secondly, the code or “block chain” that is attached to the payment not only makes it secure, but also anonymous, making it extremely hard for third parties and government agencies to poke their nose where it is not wanted.
A great video explaining how Bitcoin works can be found here:
Making a payment to Shamanic Extracts using Bitcoin
To make a payment to Shamanic Extracts using Bitcoin you will need to have a Bitcoin Wallet that contains some of the currency.
A Bitcoin wallet is a way to easily manage your Bitcoins, giving you a user friendly interface to buy, send and receive them.
To give you an example, we will show you how to set up a wallet and send payments using Coinbase, an online international Bitcoin Wallet.
Setting up a Wallet
1. First, go to www.coinbase.com. You will be presented with the following screen, where you can sign up by entering an email and password into the relevant boxes.
2. You will be sent a verification to your email. Click on the verification link in the email to get started.
3. Once you have verified your account and accepted the terms and conditions, you will be presented with the following screen. Your Bitcoin Wallet is now set up. From here you can buy, send and receive Bitcoins, (you will need Bitcoins in your account to make purchases).
Sending Your Payment to Shamanic Extracts
Now that you have a Bitcoin Wallet, we will show you how to send us a payment.
1. On the checkout screen of your order with Shamanic Extracts you will be presented with all your possible payment options. Select “Bitcoin” to proceed with a Bitcoin payment.
2. You will now be taken to the payment information screen. It displays all the information you need to send off your payment to us! (Note: Do not click the “Pay with Bitcoin” button if you have an online wallet).
The information you will need is:
- The Shamanic Extracts Bitcoin address
- The payment amount
- The order number
3. Open up your Bitcoin Wallet.
4. Click on the “Send Money” button. You should now see a screen like this.
On this screen, copy and paste the Shamanic Extracts Bitcoin address in the “To” section, the amount to be paid in the “Amount” section and the Order Number into the “Message” section. (Please note: the Bitcoin address shown in this image is just an example, do not use it).
Now click on Send Money to send us your payment. We will then process your order as normal and get your items out to you ASAP.
Of course, if you are new to Bitcoin, then there is a very good chance that you do not own any! In this situation, you can spend real money to buy Bitcoin. For example if you set up a wallet with the example online wallet we showed (Coinbase), you can buy Bitcoins directly from them to deposit into your wallet.
To buy Bitcoins with Coinbase:
Log in and click on Buy/Sell. Under “Buy Bitcoin”, you will be presented with a page asking how much you would like to buy. You can buy any amount of Bitcoin here to go straight in your wallet!
Bear in mind 1 Bitcoin is actually very expensive, and you can buy it in decimal fractions (as you see in the screen grab, 0.05 of a Bitcoin cost $26.40 at the time of writing this).
Note: Coinbase requires you to verify a payment method, such as a credit card or bank account, as well as a phone number before they will sell you any Bitcoins. This will likely be the case for most sellers of Bitcoins. Do not worry though, each transaction generates its own unique block chain, so once it is in your wallet the Bitcoin is yours and what you do with it will be anonymous.
Other sellers of Bitcoin include:
www.bitonic.nl/ - A Dutch based Bitcoin Vendor
www.getcoincafe.com/ - An international Bitcoin Vendor
www.localbitcoins.com/ - An international Bitcoin Exchange
www.bitbargain.co.uk/ - A UK based Bitcoin Exchange
www.clevercoin.net/en - A Dutch based Bitcoin Exchange
www.bitcoinnordic.com/index_en.html - A Scandinavian based Bitcoin Vendor
These are just a few examples, there are many places to buy Bitcoins on the web if you do not have any yet!Using Bitcoin could not be easier! Once you have learned the ropes all future transactions become a breeze, and the payments remain safe and anonymous!